Despite the disasters of the first week, dizzy blonde receptionist and I were getting along great. It had been just the two of as rich girl (flatmate number three) had not yet moved in (Mummy and Daddy had paid for her to go skiing) but her arrival was imminent.
The warning signs were there, the rich girl had already expressed an interest in getting internet installed in the flat, working out exactly how much it would cost each of us but not taking into consideration that neither dizzy blonde receptionist or I had a laptop, she wanted to pay less than her third for the bills because she had a smaller room, reduced rent was not enough . It’s not that I’m mean but with rich girl joining dizzy blonde receptionist’s team in the lights on/lights off game, I was not going to being paying more than her for electricity! I had prepared myself for her arrival mentally and had dressed appropriately in my fighting gear.
Surprisingly all went well. She moved in on Sunday and although the place was a mess initially, it was all sparkly by Tuesday and we had even begun a Christmas theme. Dizzy blonde receptionist had put up some ‘Merry Christmas’ signs and a nice tree. I modestly added a number of Christmas cards (our shelves were bare) and rich girl added fairy lights, a fairy for the tree and some homemade snowflakes. Yes, you read right, homemade snowflakes. No, we do not have any children so this could not have been a nice creative activity to keep them entertained, it was serious. Our flat began to look like a primary school class room. Classy!
Like the last week, the second week brought with it a number of disasters however this time they did not revolve around dizzy blonde receptionist:
I got drunk! Firstly this is not out of the norm, however getting drunk from three small glasses of wine is! And, to top it off, I have bruises to show just how drunk I was. I had a classic fall, heel stuck in the little gap in the pavement, straight over, the bruises are impressive but I am totally unimpressed by my new reputation as a light weight!
New girl starts at work. First impressions count, please remember that if ever going for a job. I have a bad habit (I have lots of them but will only detail one for you here) of not liking new people. Usually I hate them for about the first two months and then they start to grow on me. To be fair, I am still very good friends with a number of new people I have hated as they turned out to be far better than their first impression but this one took the biscuit. New girl phoned in sick on the second day, promising to be in on her third and then phoned in sick on the third! Not impressed and yes, I am being hard. Maybe she was really sick but to top it all off, she came in on the fourth day and said, ‘I know I sound really ill, but I’m feeling a lot better’. Don’t tell people you sound ill (you actually don’t) wait for them to say something to you. Then, she phoned in sick again on the fifth day. How important are fist impressions again?
My parents are getting a divorce! Not really (or I hope not). But, I do find it quite confusing and suspicious that they sent me separate Christmas cards. One from Dad, one from Mum. Very strange. I informed them promptly, that if this was a hint and they were trying to ease me into the change, not to bother, but I expect double the number of Christmas presents!
Wednesday, 5 September 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment