Wednesday, 12 September 2007

Every day you learn something new

As the months go on and we get more used to living in the flat and away from the comfort of home, more disasters seem to strike but let’s look at the positive we learn something from each of them.

Disaster 1 – I try to set-up a TV/DVD combi. I know this was a stupid decision. I bought the TV/DVD thing thinking this would be a good idea. I am a high earning, marketing assistant, working in London. I can set-up a DVD combi. I do not need a man and I do not for one second believe men are better at these things (unlike my mother, and I stick to that even after the disaster ensued). I spent the evening screaming, shouting, throwing boxes (empty ones) across the room and shouting at dizzy blonde receptionist (who, to pay her her dues, listened patiently as I screamed and shouted and ranted and raved). I could not do it. I eventually discovered that I was missing a scart lead and an indoor aerial. Well, if only they’d told me that!! I swear those instructions are written by men. Why not say, before you start you will need TV/DVD combi, scart lead and indoor aerial? Why put that at the end of the instructions when you’ve got everything out of the box and have already tried to assemble it? Even better, why not provide you with everything you need?

Disaster 2 - Unfortunately I was not the only one to have to learn something this week. Dizzy blonde receptionist flooded the kitchen again. This time she did not attempt to clean the dishwasher with fairy liquid, she came in drunk and decided to open the washing machine door whilst it was still going. This time I came in to find her drunk with a little girl look on her face and lots of towels on the floor trying to soak up the mess. Learning point, do not dizzy blonde receptionist near modern, electrical kitchen equipment and try and keep her away from water.

No comments: