The days between Christmas and New Year I was back in work and alone at the flat. Dizzy blonde receptionist decided to stay at the boyfriend’s place and rich girl has tonsillitis, otherwise known as homesickness or not wanting to come back to London to work as a waitress over Christmas (rich girl was a freelance photographer trying to make it in London. Mummy and Daddy gave her a generous allowance but insisted she did some work and made her get a job as a waitress in a pizza restaurant).
Alone at home I decided it was time I got out and met some people and when pondering how to do this, I came across a website for ‘like-minded people in London’ who wanted to meet others and I decided to give it a go. Slightly crazy idea, but hey, it wasn’t the first and it won’t be the last (I can assure you). The idea of the night was to turn up a pub in central London and talk. So, I turned up expecting a bunch of geeky weirdos to be sat around the table discussing The Times crossword but was surprised to find myself laughing a joking with a great bunch of people. By midnight I found myself with an American girl doing shots of strawberry vodka and even stranger ended up in a gay bar in Soho where we were asked if we were ‘together’. Strange but interesting and at least I can say I’ve been to a gay bar in Soho (that’s one London thing ticked off my list)!
Wednesday, 12 September 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment